Pursuant to the Act of December 15, 2017 (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2486, as amended) on insurance distribution, Grupa Brokerska Odys Sp. z o.o. (hereinafter also referred to as the Broker) declares that:
1) the seat of the Broker is the city of Bydgoszcz, address: 11 Listopada 1A, 85-624 Bydgoszcz;
2) as part of his enterprise, the Broker performs brokerage activities in the field of insurance on the basis of the permit from PUNU No. 894/00 of October 5, 2000, a copy of which is available below for inspection and is registered by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority in the broker register under number 00000801 / U ;
3) it is possible to verify the Broker in the broker register on the website of the Polish Financial Supervision Authority https://rpu.knf.gov.pl/ by entering the following information about the Broker: authorization number (894/00);
4) The broker does not hold any stocks or shares in the insurance company entitling to at least 10% of votes at the general meeting;
5) the shareholder of the Broker is not an insurance company;
6) the broker’s remuneration is a commission (brokerage) received from insurance companies with which the insurance contracts or insurance guarantee contracts will be concluded by the client through the broker. The brokerage firm has no influence on the amount of the premium paid by the client, it is gross remuneration and is intended for the performance of brokerage activities in the field of insurance and for the company’s day-to-day operations.
The broker declares that to the client:
1) being a legal person or a company without legal personality, has the right to lodge a complaint against the services provided by the Broker to the extent unrelated to the insurance coverage provided, complaints. The complaint or complaint shall be submitted by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or by post to the address of the Broker’s registered office.
2) being a natural person has the right to lodge a complaint against the services provided by the Broker in the scope unrelated to the provided insurance protection, complaints. The complaint or complaint is submitted electronically to the address firstname.lastname@example.org as well as:
- in writing – in person, at the Broker’s unit or by post within the meaning of Art. 3 point 21 of the Act of 23 November 2012 – Postal Law (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 1481, as amended)
- orally – by phone or in person for the record during a visit to the Broker unit.
3) within the scope related to the insurance cover provided, the right to lodge a complaint / complaint to the insurance company, in accordance with the rules provided for in the insurance contracts
The broker replies to the complaint within 30 days of its receipt. To meet the deadline for responding, it is enough to send the answer before its expiry. In particularly complicated cases, making it impossible to consider the complaint and provide a response on time, the Broker in the information provided to the Customer who lodged the complaint:
- explains the reason for the delay,
- indicates the circumstances that must be established for the consideration of the case,
- specifies the expected deadline for considering the complaint and responding, which may not exceed 60 days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
In the event of failure to meet the deadlines (30/60 days), the complaint is considered to be considered in accordance with the will of the Customer. The response to the complaint is provided in paper form or by electronic means at the request of the Customer.
Any disputes that may arise between the Client and the Broker in relation to it will be settled amicably with the performance of the brokerage contract. When resolving disputes, the law, principles of equity and fair dealing will be taken into account. The Client, within the scope specified in the Act of 5 August 2015 on Complaints Handling by Financial Market Entities and on the Financial Ombudsman, has the right to submit a request to the Financial Ombudsman to consider the matter.